- Each of us will prepare the way of the Lord in our own hearts, the highway of holiness, the way of purification, praise, and prayer (Matthew 3:2-3, Isaiah 40:3-5).
- God will stir up holy discontent with things-as-they-are, with business-as-usual, and we will deeply desire to gon on with Him and to see His glory (Exodus 33.18).
- God will open our eyes as He reveals Himself in new dimensions of holiness and power, that we will ask for it and expect it, and that He will do it (Isaiah 6:3, 5b, 8). Also pray that God will tune our ears to hear His voice, to be still and wait before Him to know His gentlest whisper, and to allow His word to speak to us morning by morning (Psalm 46:10, Isaiah 50:4).
- We will humble ourselves before God with confession of sin, repent and be quick to hate sin as God hates it and to forsake it, desiring to be clean, usable vessels before Him (James 4:8-10).
- God will give us a new eagerness to be what He wants us to be so that He can do what He wants to do through us, to beak, mold, make, and conform us to the image of Christ (Matthew 5:6, 2 Corinthians 3:18).
- We will utterly submit to Jesus Christ, Lord of all of life and live under the control of the Holy Spirit moment by moment and receive His filling in every area of our lives (Ephesians 5:18-19). Also pray that we will obey instantlyall the promptings, commands, and desires of Jesus by the Spirit to the glory of the Father (1 Samuel 15:22-23).
- God will teach us to be a joyful, celebrating, thankful, praising, worshiping people, as we respond to the love of our Father (Psalm 100:4-5, Ephesians 3:16-19).
- God will write urgency on our heart in light of eternity, and we will see the world around us as lost and dying and will let it break our hearts as it does His heart (Ecclesiastes 3:11a, 2 Peter 3:9).
- God will orchestrate prayer agreement beyond our personal daily prayers, and we will come together as a people in corporate worship and intercession at His throne of grace (Hebrews 4:16). Also pray that we will devote ourselves extrordinarily to prayer until God visits us in a way unmistakeable that the only explanation is God (Colosians 4:2, Acts 6:4).
- We will not program God nor limit Him. We will trust Him, His timing, His methods, His leadership to work in ways beyond anything we could think of plan (Ephesians 3:20-21).
Oh, God, Revive Us.
Help us to be people of prayer as we seek to lead others to pray.